Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer Week 4 - Surprise Room Makeover

This week was filled with swim lessons as well, but we were minus one special kid. Eli and Tim went to Scout camp at and while they were gone it was Eli's 12th birthday. Well, I got a BIG idea. Let's redo his bedroom for his birthday and surprise him when he gets home.

Knowing I was going to do this, the morning he was leaving, I took a picture of him in his room. I wonder what he's thinking.

Before:
So, Tim's sister, Jen, helped me a ton; we cleaned out his room and began painting. My niece, Ashley, came over for a day and helped paint too. Our air conditioner was broken, it got a little hot, but the paint dried pretty quick. When Tim came back (early) we ran to IKEA and spent several hours trying to decide on furnishings.

Here's the results:



Unfortunately Eli's troop decided to come back a day early. The good news is he called me and let me know 4 hours before his arrival. We all kicked it in gear. John hung lights and Tim, shelves, Sydney, Ashley and the girls were all there waiting, when he arrived.

I still have a few little things to finish and the time pressure has been lifted so who knows when they will get done. We tried to find a place for everything so that Eli can work on better organization and cleaning habits than his mother. So far, he's doing pretty good.

4 comments:

Jenny Lee said...

Carrie - Hi! I first have to say that I miss you! There's sure not any Carrie Grubb's in Richfield that I have met so far and I miss your spunky personality. It sure looks like you're keeping yourself busy as usual. What a fun summer! I loved the room makeover. Good job! I'd love to hear from you - write me back.

meegz said...

Hey - it's Megan!:) I just barely saw your comment on my loads of love blog --- check us out on my "cherish today" :)

Becky A said...

um, your results picture is not showing...I have no idea what the room looks like now! Sounds like fun...alot of work!

Becky A said...

Hey, now i see! the room looks absolutely awesome! Was he surprised? What a fun thing to do!