Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bus Zone


Today I got a little sentimental about my girls getting on the bus together. Next year Emi is going to Venture Academy Charter School with Eli (K-8). We decided to take Eli there instead of SJH and Emi begged to give it a go. She wants to make more friends. We didn't think it would hurt, and since we're driving there anyway, sure.
But that leaves Elle. I don't feel as comfortable starting Elle in 1st grade with who knows what teacher. The 1st grade teachers at South Weber are so fantastic, so we're keeping her there.
Which brings me back to the school bus. I wanted Elle and Emi to remember that they did ride the school bus together, so I took a few photos.

and I do want to say thank you to our fabulous bus driver, Jean. She is so good to my girls.
She's kind of a therapist for Elle. If the bus is ever late getting to your house, it's because she has stopped to give Elle a shoulder to cry on, or to fix her hair, or to make sure she's comfortable in her seat. She keeps telling me she would take Elle home in a minute. She better watch out, there are days when I might take her up on that.




5 comments:

Ellie McFreaken said...

That brought back memories of when Ellie would take the bus from your house when we lived there.
Great pictures...I love that we are posting things with pictures and it will all make sense and be remembered in twenty years.
I hope Emi loves her new school! She will do great no matter where though!

Becky A said...

I Love Jean, too! She couldn't be sweeter! And great idea for the pictures, remembering what seems so routine right now, but will soon be a memory.

Jeni said...

Oh, those photos are priceless.

amy said...

They are all growing up way to fast. I'm excited for summer but that just means that they are all getting older too fast. I remember you prepping me for Jes to go to school, now she's almost in 3rd grade!

Kim said...

Carrie,
I just found your blog tonight! I am very relieved to hear you are still sending Ellie to South Weber. (Kloe would be sad.) You are right about the bus driver! She is awesome! Kloe always gets off laughing!