Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Last Kindergarten Field Trip. Sniff, Sniff

Natalie has come a long way since the first day of Kindergarten! I am so proud of her - not one tear. Way to be tough. As for me, just another day in the life. Am I insensitive, unfeeling?

I cleared my schedule so I could attend Elle's field trip to the Nature Center. I attended my other two children's K field trip. I must be fair. The bus ride was painful but the Nature Center was great!

I guess I haven't been there for a while. They have a couple new buildings and the classes were fantastic. They really taught the kids (and adults) some new things. The kids found a ton of living creatures in the pond.

Scientists in the making




I am so grateful for good teachers! Mrs. Harris has been so wonderful for Elle. She even worked with her after school - between her AM & PM classes to get her reading along with the rest of the class. I am really excited that she is moving up to 2nd grade, she will be fantastic there also.



Anyways, the Nature Center was fun but we froze eating lunch at the park; it even hailed for a few minutes. I had a really interesting and fun lesson on air traffic controllers while shivering to death. I remember hearing that they were the number 1 most stressful jobs you can have, back in the 80's. I wonder if that is still true today. I think they were just talking about passing all the stuff to become one. Good luck to Jed Schenck with all that, he's a nice guy!

So there is my question for the day - what do you think the most stressful job is?

PS Should I be feeling guilty for not being sad or even meloncholy on this stepping stone day? I did enjoy my day with my Elle.

4 comments:

Becky A said...

I experienced extreme guilt for not attending Will's kindergarten field trip...I think the most stressful job is a tax examiner at the IRS. I mean, I have to sit at a desk for 6 hours, listening to books on tape! Maybe my OTHER job is actually the most stressful one...hmm...or, now that I look at today's word verification, I guess commenting on your blog is the most stressful part of my day today!

Tiffany said...

how fun. I missed Madisons this year. I was sick so I mad my mom go. My uncle is a air traffic controller what a crazy job but good pay. I don't know if it's worth it or not. Chris' job is stressful his team just put in their second berlin heart yesterday....
hey you know that blog with the swap I was talking about a few weeks ago. well their doing it again. I put it on my blog you should do it with me.....

Jeni said...

I have yet to go on a field trip. :( I am feeling extremely guilty right now!
I have to say carrie..the photos you took are beautiful!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Ditto on the Photos!