Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Beginning

That Angie McReaken got me hooked! Blogging is addicting (reading them that is). And then all of your blogs inspired me . . .

I've wanted to start my own blog for a while now but I wanted it to say just the right thing. All of my friend's and family's blogs fit them so perfectly - with their own personality. I wanted mine to have a cool theme or name or something unique, but nothing would come and the days are rolling by and memories are escaping. I need to begin and then maybe later the cleverness will naturally appear.

But, thanks to Jeni Poll's post, I found a theme/name to my blog. . .



BOOM DEE AH DAH!

This little video reminded me of all the grand and beautiful things my Heavenly Father has given me and how amazing it all is.

I'm in a real need to focus on the positive, and blessings around me and that is my goal for this blog.

A wise man once said, "My point is to urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God’s kindness. . . you and they [your family] will be blessed as you remember what the Lord has done. . . [ask yourself and record daily] Did God send a message that was just for me? Did I see His hand in my life or the lives of my children? I will do that. And then I will find a way to preserve that memory for the day that I, and those that I love, will need to remember how much God loves us and how much we need Him. " President Henry B. Eyring, 1st counselor in the general presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints

So thanks to Jeni and all you other bloggers who inspire me - I am beginning.

10 comments:

Beazer said...

Wahoo! So glad you've joined us. Can't wait to keep posted.

Jeni said...

Yay Carrie! I'm so honored that you said I helped you come up with a name! I can't wait to check in on you!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Carrie....I'm so glad you joined the world of blogging! Isn't it so fun to keep im comtact with people and learn sdo many fun things?!
BTW I got your message this afternoon, I wasn't here this morning. I'll drop your stuff off tomorrow....

MerryPair said...

Bravo! The name is a perfect fit for you! I hope you post lots!

Tiffany said...

It's about time!!!!! Yahoooooo!!!
I love it. love ya

Becky A said...

good job...add another must read to my list! FINALLY!

Care said...

Thank you for all your comments my fun, cute friends! You're right. Comments are very motivating!

Julie said...

Hello hello,
Thanks for your comment. I would love to design you a blog if you're interested. You wouldn't need to make a new blog. Everything would just transfer over with the new layout. If you would like a new custom look just fill out my questionnaire!
Thanks!
*Leelou*

amy said...

Welcome to blogging, Angie B got me hooked

Angela said...

I found your blog on Jeni's blog. I feel the same way...blogging is so addicting and really is taking up too much of my time. But so fun at the same time. I too couldn't think of a creative name as my niece set up my blog so I have my dumb name. I'm searching...I like yours. good job.