Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hawaii Memoirs Part 2

The Big Island - Hilo Side
It's a jungle out there!


Steam from an active volcano. Has anyone seen Grandma?

Emi sending smoke signals . . .
Volcanic Tube
I feel like I'm in the movie "A Journey to the Center of the Earth". I hope I get to meet Brenden Frasier!!!

One of the many rainbow sitings

Is this park for real?





Dinner with the adults; Jefferson Bistro

Fondue Supplies



Elle LOVED Kid's Club - Especially Pirate Day
AARRRRGH Matey!

Friend #3 (It's a penguin, if you can't tell - I couldn't)


Our wonderful friend, and steward from the Phillipines, Apolonio
He made all of our new friends!

Docked out at sea on the other side of the Big Island - Kona


Why is it that we are willing to spend and do things that we would NEVER do at home - when we're on vacation???? A convertible, really?

Preparing for the new day's adventure!


Kona Grande Finale!! The Kona Temple ~ what a view!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Carrie!! What awesome pictures!! It looks like so much fun!!! Glad to see you went for the convertible!! (last time I talked to you, you weren't sure what kind of car to rent!!LOL) Its amazing to think you guys were swimming and hanging out in your shorts and now look outside!!! Oh goodness, I want a vacation to Hawaii!! Way fun pictures and post!!!!!!

Angela said...

I love all the cool green vegetation! Coulda, shoulda, woulda!

Jenny Lee said...

Hello long lost friend. I was wondering where you've been. HAWAII!!! and a CRUISE!!! What?!?! What a dream come true for you and your whole family. It looks like you had quite a crew! How fun for Christmas! I'd like to do that next year. Forget this snow and freezing weather! Your mom looks so great. What happened to Elle's arm? It looked so beautiful there. Glad to see you blogging again. Keep it up. We miss you.

Jeni said...

so so so so so so much fun! I am so jealous! I've LOVED looking at these photos!

Burk said...

Man that looks like a lot of fun. I hope we get back there eventually.

I just stopped by to say hi, and that I hope you are all doing well. I really owe Tim a lot for helping me out lately. Thanks a bunch.